Changing the origins

06-20-2004, 01:44 AM
I tried changing the origins on some models but i cant get it work. I decompiled the .mdl files and then looked at the qc file, there's no $origin line so i added one and then set the origin to what i wanted to by looking at JHLMV origin tester.Then i save the qc file and then recompile it but when i take a look at the model on JHLMV its not even close to what i saw when i used the origin tester. Can someone please help me?

06-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I suggest asking in the MSA (Models, Skins, and Animations) Forum ... thay will be better placed to help you.

NOTE: I had the same problem ... but I just gave up :D

06-21-2004, 01:01 AM
In your favourite 3D editor, select all, move, export as smd and compile. Look in MSA forum there are more links for files and tutorials.

06-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Never mind i fixed it i forgot to include the certain value when changing the origins.

06-22-2004, 09:10 AM
cool ... nice one. Maybe I was doing something wrong like this, I might have a go again.

06-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Personally I just decompiled and selected the whole model...then moved it (the center of XYZ was where the origin came from) and recompiled from there. It was just a quick method and not perfect for Hammer units though.

Example: phone_pole.mdl I just decompiled, moved the whole thing down a bunch on the Y axis, recompiled and voila! Origin at the top.

Day of Defeat Forum Archive created by Neil Jedrzejewski.

This in an partial archive of the old Day of Defeat forums orignally hosted by Valve Software LLC.
Material has been archived for the purpose of creating a knowledge base from messages posted between 2003 and 2008.