How do I create blending textures?
03-14-2005, 04:15 PM
1. Take the 2 textures you want to blend and convert them from .tga zo vtf using vtex. Lets call them "tex1.vtf" and "tex2.vtf".
2. Create a text file containing the following lines:
3. Save this file as "blendtex1tex2.vmt" for example
4. Copy all the files into your "materials" directory
That should be all. Just a few notes:
- If you want the material to have specific properties, for example dirt, insert the line
in the vmt.
- By default, Hammer will display the first texture in the texture browser. If you want something different, like the usual diagonally blended texture, then you have to draw that yourself, convert it to vtf and insert the line
in the vmt.
- Of course, if the vtf's are in a subdirectory, you have to specifiy them, for example:
Hope I didn't make any typos....
edit: I've got a set of example textures for texture blending lying around. tgas, vmts, tooltexture etc. I can mail em to you, if you're still having trouble.
Day of Defeat Forum Archive created by Neil Jedrzejewski
This in an partial archive of the old Day of Defeat forums orignally hosted by Valve Software LLC
Material has been archived for the purpose of creating a knowledge base from messages posted between 2003 and 2008.