rock tweak :)
03-13-2004, 06:36 AM
1. Can you simply ditch the smaller rocks and re post it?
2. (extra) Re-origin the model so that the origin is ABOVE the center of the model. THis helps prevent "black outs" and dissapearing models.
3. Please do not rename the model. I have no clue who originally made it.
03-13-2004, 04:52 PM
lol i would have done it earlier (like when i first saw this thread) but i thought it was too simple and someone that's not lazy would do it
4 hours later...
i didn't know what you ment by #2 since reorigining map models doesn't make a difference only if you were using it as a v weapon model
voodoo you don't have milkshape or something?
03-13-2004, 05:21 PM
I think No.2 means can you move the rock so the bottom runs flush with x and z axis and centered to the y axis, and also do the same with the bone. So when he adds it to his map the model sits flush to the floor.
03-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Ok Voodoo this is so simple you should be able to do it yourself in Milkshape.
1) Decomplile the model in Milkshape
2) Import the reference SMD.
3) Hit the select button and choose faces.
4) Drag over the rocks you dont want.
5) Hit delete.
6) Select everything (Hint: Ctrl-A)
7) Select Move
8) Press the X & Z buttons so only the Y button is pressed down.
9) Drag the model down until it is below the zero datum/origin (Its the cyan/yellow/magenta "L" shape in the viewports.)
10) Export as a reference SMD and compile.
Its that easy.
There you go, quick Milkshape 101.
03-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Im really trying to learn MS3d and Photoshop for textures right now. Unfortuneately im still trying to adjust to MS3d's lack of features that mappers have.
I just have so many things im working on with so many people that its hard to do them all. I thank you for the quick tips Jed.
Very soon I'll be able to be a little more self reliant for stuff like this. Hope it wasnt a hassle.
Thanks Malarkey and company.
03-14-2004, 03:46 AM
No hassle, I just figured a quick pointer might get you on your way.
As for lack of features... :confused:
I never have any problems with it.
Day of Defeat Forum Archive created by Neil Jedrzejewski
This in an partial archive of the old Day of Defeat forums orignally hosted by Valve Software LLC
Material has been archived for the purpose of creating a knowledge base from messages posted between 2003 and 2008.